We all know that words, spoken or thought, have power. One way to harness that energy in our favor is through developing a personal mantra!
Chanting or reciting mantras is a beneficial meditative practice with spiritual roots in Hinduism and Buddhism. Though now in our mainstream vernacular, the word mantra comes from Sanskrit: man meaning mind, and tra meaning transport or vehicle. What’s fascinating about them is that there is a growing amount of scientific studies showing that having a dedicated mantra can be beneficial to your wellness and achievement! According to research, spending just a few minutes every day thinking positively can calm your nerves, increase confidence, and improve your chances of attaining your goals.
This week, we asked our SWIHA community of healers to share their personal mantras with us!
- “I am beautiful inside and out. I think about gently in my mind.” -Andréa Woods, Hypnotherapy student
- "Keep going, keep going, keep going...Sometimes it's all about that laser focus. Spoken aloud, always.” -Dreanna D, Wellness Collective Studios
- "All is well and as it should be. This means no matter what is happening, it's happening for me, not to me. Every experience is a needed gift, for growth and evolution. I am aware that somehow, somewhere in time, I've asked for the experience at hand, to work through it, and ultimately ascend.” -Becca Briley, Spirit Guided Healer & SWIHA Admissions Coach
- “Positive IS as Positive DOES. That is my Mantra and business message.” -Kel Carachilo, Online Integrative Healing Arts Practitioner student
- “For me I find that focusing on the third eye is more effective than a mantra, it slows down my mind and it deepens my meditation.” -Roger Oie, Yoga Teacher Training graduate
- “I am everything I've been looking for.” -Jonathan Siesel, Bambukah Community
- “May I abide in wellbeing, in freedom from hostility, in freedom from ill-will, in freedom from anxiety. And may I maintain well-being in myself, and may I be released from all suffering. And may I not be parted from the good fortune I have attained. “ -Gabrielle Althea Burtless-Hawk, Reiki practitioner
- “Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha (Lord Ganesha, son of Lord Shiva, remover of all obstacles, your blessings are necessary for good beginnings.)” -Brian New, Yoga Teacher Training graduate
- “ I chant. Listening to your own voice seals the deal.” -Das Nihal Singh, Yoga Teacher
- “I am beautiful, I am bountiful, I am bliss. I sing while I'm driving to remember my true identity as Love.” -Sara Bear, Loving Light Wellness Center
- “I own my life! This a reminder that I always have the power to choose and whatever I choose creates the life I lead. Joy, peace, abundance or suffering...it's all up to me! I integrate this mantra into my morning meditation and also during my morning workouts when I'm on the stairmaster.” -Jennifer Emperador, Sol Discovery & SWIHA Admissions Coach
- “Om Mani Padme Hum; the Jewel within the Lotus. This Mantra helps me remember that all the lessons are blessings. When life feels heavy and dark I remind myself that without any mud there would be no lotus; Without the trials and tribulations I would not know Bliss.” -Crystal Toltec, Yoga Instructor at Spirit of Yoga
- “Please use me, please lead me, please show me the way.” -Beckett Johnson, Mind Body Wellness Practitioner student
- “Patience. Trust. Relax.” -Jeremy Pierce, Online Integrative Healing Arts Practitioner student
- “I am happy. I am healthy. I am holy. I am healed. I am bountiful. I am beautiful. I am blissful. I am blessed.” -Doree Nissenblatt, Yoga Teacher
A personal mantra fully resonates with your heart and mind, and always available to you when need to be reminded of your capacity for greatness! What is your personal mantra? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram!