What would happen if the success manual or business guide you chose for 2019 was in titled A Course In Miracles?
It just so happens, there is such a book! It was written, or ‘scribed’, by a woman named Helen Schucman, a self-described skeptic who was resistant to the thought that she would do something as important as delivering Divine ‘insights’.
Can you relate? Have you ever received profound messages during meditation, while journaling, or even during a session with a client? Did you question where this divine intelligence was coming from?
Once we accept that part of our life purpose is to serve others in a powerful way . . . IF we are willing to be instruments in the peace and healing of others, we get help! We become connected to something beyond ourselves, and if we’re willing, we begin to experience miraculous things.
Helen Schucman’s story is rather compelling! On October 21, 1965 (she remembers the exact day) an ‘inner voice’ told her: "This is a Course in Miracles, please take notes." Helen confessed the ‘inspired’ writing made her very uncomfortable, though it never occurred to her to stop.
The next day, she explained the events of her ‘note taking’ to a colleague and who encouraged her to continue the listening and capture all she could. She continued to hear these ‘divine messages’ for the next seven years! Wow! Imagine the dedication and determination this woman had all the while wondering if she might be a little crazy or even losing her mind.
Her inner dictation resulted in to the widely acclaimed book, A Course in Miracles. Though it took her a while to understand how the ‘downloads’ were to be organized, she continue to be willing to receive what was being sent her way. Three distinct sections appeared: the "Textbook", a "Workbook", and the “Manual for Teachers".
The "Workbook" presents 365 lessons, one for each day of the year. It's designed to help us deconstruct any erroneous thinking that's caused us to doubt ourselves or others. Miracles happen when we give up our doubt in ourselves and honor the inner instruction given by the ‘Holy Spirit’ (also referred to in ACIM as the "Voice for God," "right mind," "Inner Teacher," or "intuition").
As a student of ACIM for over 30 years, I believe we get ‘inner instructions’ from the Divine when we are in our ‘right mind’, willing to listen to our intuition, and by believing we have the answers within. In fact, some of the main guiding principles of the SWIHA Life Coaching program came from the foundational teaching of AICM, including ‘We have all the answers within” and ‘There is magic and miracles in all things!”
A Course in Miracles describes a ‘miracle’ as a correction in our perception. When we are willing, the Holy Spirit – our inner teacher -- brings us a change in the way we are thinking. A miracle occurs when our thinking turns from fear or lack into love and possibility.
Back to the original question: What if you allow A Course In Miracles to be the guiding principles for manifesting success in 2019? What if you have a miracle-filled year, allowing your steps to be guided in miraculous way?
There are 50 principles about miracles in this classic spiritual mastery trilogy! Let’s choose ten principles from which to establish our business/life success plan for 2019:
- There is no order of difficulty in miracles. One is not harder or bigger than another. They are all the same.
Imagine starting the year open to creating miracles in your life and business. Whether it is establishing a profitable practice, healing a physical condition or transforming a personal relationship, consider that there is no limit to what you and the universe can create together. It is only our thoughts that limit us!
- Miracles are habits, and should be involuntary. They should not be under conscious control. Consciously selected miracles can be misguided.
This ACIM teaching is similar to what the yoga sutras teach: Be not attached to the outcome of the miracles you are manifesting. This one is often easier said than done, yet doable when we are in our ‘right mind’. The invitation is to develop a habit of miraculous thinking, yet not get attached to what comes your way. Fully embrace the thought that there are no accidents, only lessons. At SWIHA we call those ‘blessons.’
- Miracles are everyone’s right, however purification is necessary first.
Don’t you love the thought that miracles are everyone’s right? Let’s lean into the knowing the miracles are our God-given right! How powerful is it to say to aloud, “It is my birthright to manifest miracles!” When you say this, it's not in an egotistical or entitled way. It's in a way that affirms a correction in our perception.
The second part of this premise teaches that purification is necessary first. Purification of thought occurs when we forgive ourselves and others for anything that was less than loving and positive. While this may sound remedial, forgiving oneself and others is a lifetime practice in order for miracles to occur.
- Miracles are healing because they supply a lack; they are performed by those who temporarily have more for those who temporarily have less.
This may be one of my favorite guiding principles! If we begin to view what we have to offer the world as supplying the lack someone else may be experiencing, would we not be more likely to offer up what we've trained to do?
Whether we offer massage, hypnotherapy, life coaching, nutritional coaching, or yoga classes—what if we embrace the thought that we are offering MORE of what we have to those who temporarily have less?
Fill yourself with love and non-judgement! Offer your services in such a way that fills others in the places they are experiencing lack! Be a filler of lack! What a miraculous shift in how we can offer up our gifts to the world!
- Prayer is the medium of miracles. It is a means of communication of the created by the creator. Through prayer love is received and through miracles love is expressed.
A way to explain this is ACIM principle is what Rumi teaches: That which you are seeking is seeking you. Consider this: Those you are seeking to serve are seeking you! Pray the prayer outlined in ACIM: "Where would You have me go? What would You have me do? What would you have me say, and to whom?"
- Each day should be devoted to miracles. The purpose of time is to enable you to learn how to use time constructively.
Wow, talking about our daily marching orders! As we embrace the miracle principles as the foundation of our 2019 Success Plan for our life or business, it is clear: “Each day should be devoted to miracles. Learn to use time constructively.”
It seems this principle is encouraging us to devote our time to growing our business or attending to the priorities of our lives, doesn’t it?
- A miracle is a service. It is the maximal service you can render to another. It is a way of loving your neighbor as yourself. You recognize your own and your neighbor's worth simultaneously.
This could become a mission statement for a holistic practitioner: My mission to provide miraculous service to others! As I serve others, I serve myself!
- By recognizing spirit, miracles adjust the levels of perception and show them in proper alignment. This places spirit at the center, where it can communicate directly.
You have probably heard the adage: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." When we place Spirit at the center of our lives, or marketing plan, communication on what and how to do something becomes clear. Simplified, we could affirm: Ask and you shall receive direct downloads from Spirit.
- Miracles should inspire gratitude, not awe.
This principle is about as clear and direct as it gets! Developing an “attitude of gratitude” is one of the simplest ways to improve your satisfaction with life and business or private holistic practice.
- Miracles rise from a miraculous state of mind, or a state of ‘miracle readiness’.
From a Life Coaching perspective we would ask:
- What would it take for you to become ‘miracle-ready?
- Is there anything that is currently holding you back from being ‘miracle-ready’?
- If you are miracle-ready, what is one of things you are ready for?
SWIHA commits to supporting you in becoming and staying ‘miracle-ready’!
- Every day during January at noon (AZ) you can tune into Facebook for LIVE Life Coaching sessions on the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts page or watch the re-plays of the sessions.
- Each Sunday January at noon, Arizona time, KC Miller will be offering a LIVE FB coaching session ‘Creating a Miraculous Results’ based on the principles of A Course in Miracles as a coaching tool.
- A non-commercial Facebook Study Group has been formed to explore the lessons of A Course in Miracles